Sprint Nextel Corporation, commonly known simply as Sprint, is a wireless and wireline voice and data telecommunications company. They offer industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin MobileUSA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless. Sprint also services instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities and is a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. They currently serve 56 million customers.
Sprint Nextel traces its origins to the Brown Telphone Company in 1899. Prior to 2005, the company was known as Sprint Corporation. The company took its current name, Sprint Nextel Corporation, when it merged with Nextel Communications. The company's headquarters is located in Overland Park, Kansas, United States with Dan Hesse as its current President and C.E.O. Sprint Nextel is the United States' third largest long distance provider by subscribers.
Based on CNET’s top 5 Sprint phones, iPhone4S is still the best phone in their product line, followed by Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC Evo 4G LTE, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Kyocera DuraCore
Sprint service itself received a lot of bad view from phonedog.com, one of the largest and most popular interactive mobile news and reviews resource. Their main complaint is customer service quality, signal strength and quality. Below are some testimonial and reviews.
“Ive had over 10 lines with Sprint for 5 years but their service is so bad now I'm leaving“ – Paula Howard 1/5 Overall Value
“I have been a long time sprint customer for over 12 years, I was told my data plan for my hot spot would be unlimited, and it was for about 9 months, now without any notice they changed it to 5 GB.” – Corey Phipps 1/5 Overall Value
“I could of never had better customer service. I placed an order Monday night and received my phone on Wednesday afternoon and the shipping was free. They are always very helpful. I have had sprint back in the day and now that I went back to them, I could not be more happy. They have great deals, cheap plans and overall great service. I would recommend them time and time again.” – Brittn’ee GodsChild Storm 5/5 Overall Value
“I have been with sprint for 6 years now and just signed up again. I was activating 3 new phones so asked them to wave the fee because i was told at a sprint store that they would do that for good customers. They said they would. Don't promise something you can't deliver just to sell the product.” – Yesenia Pacheco 1.7/5 Overall Value
However, Sprint ranked top 3 in the 2012 Best Cell phone Provider based by toptenreview.com, garnering a 8.38 points out of 10. The ranking was based on Plans, Phones & Features, Additional Benefits, Fees and Help & Support.
Almost all complaints for Sprint is their bad customer service; However, I had a couple of contact with Sprint customer service and it has been excellent.
Sprint is not BBB Accredited, but it has received B- rating from the accreditation site and has resolved over 10 thousand complaints in the last 12 months. The company have received numerous and well known awards, may it be from Company, Employment, or Customer Awards and Recognition.
Here are some of the several award they received.
- Of the 1,500 large companies the Reputation Institute included in its world-wide study, Sprint’s corporate reputation improved more from 2009 to 2010 than any other in the world, and the only U.S. wireless company to improve in 2011 – The Reputation Institute (May 2010 and 2011)
- 20 Most Responsible U.S. Companies (out of 4,100) – Governance Metrics International (Aug. 2010)
- #3 amongAmerica’s greenest companies (only telecom in the top 25) – Newsweek (Oct. 2011)
- Sprint’s IT department named to the CIO 100 award list – CIO Magazine (June 2011)
- Sprint is one of two carriers in the top 10 global telecom companies for innovation with over 450 U.S. patents granted in 2011 – The Patent Board - The Patent Board, 3/16/12 Telecom Scorecard (March 2012)
- Diversity Elite 60 – Hispanic Business Magazine (Sept. 2011)
- Best Employers Gold Award for Healthy Lifestyles – National Business Group on Health (May 2012)
- Sprint is #4 on “50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work” list – Diversity MBA Magazine (April 2012)
- 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld (June 2012)
- Sprint is #1 among all national carriers in customer satisfaction and most improved, across all 47 industries, over the last four years. Sprint is also the only U.S.company to go from last place to first place in its industry over the past four years. – American Customer Satisfaction Index (April 2012)
- “The Customer Experience Index, 2012” Sprint’s customer experience index score was higher than the average score of all of the wireless service providers surveyed – Forrester Research, Inc. (Jan. 2012)
- Wireless Business Excellence Awards: Ranked #1 with best-in-class distinctions for Wireless Sales Reps, Provisioning, Billing and Customer Service – ATLANTIC-ACM (June 2011)
The company also has multiple media appearances: Sprint cellphones were used in movies such as The Departed, 27 Dresses, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Bride Wars, Spiderwick Chronicles, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and Wild Hogs to name a few. Sprint was also the sponsor of television series 24, Fringe, Big Brother, Survivor and The Voice. They also support major sporting events like NASCAR and NBA. Their well-known spokesperson was Candice Bergen.
Sprint website has an high Alexa global ranking of 1,247, that go as high as rank 248 in the United States.The site has been online for 22 years and its audience demographic are mostly in the 25-54 years of age. Its estimated website load time is 2.37 seconds. The Google PageRank of this site is 7 out of 10. . Compete site analytics shows Sprint unique visitor to a high of 10.4 million to a low of 6.8 million.
Sprint Facebook page has already reached over 850 thousand likes and still growing. Meanwhile on its main Twitter account, it has over 125 thousand followers.They also have @sprintcare, @sprintnews, @SprintApps, and @SprintGreenNews to update its expanding customers. It also has an official YouTube channel for the latest videos about its latest products, deals, and services. Through these social networking sites, Sprint subscribers will be updated to know the latest arrivals, tips, product introductions, sports scoops and special deals.
Sprint ’s checkout website uses “https” during data transmission to fully protect its customers’ information during purchasing of their product and services. Furthermore, according to Google’s Safebrowsing Diagnostic, Sprint’s website has no suspicious content within the past 90 days. It also has not hosted any malicious software for over 90 days.
Sprint pricelist for its phone and plan packages are very competitive and practical compare to its competitors. Their products boast of different phone models of various brands. They are the only mobile carrier in the U.S to offer unlimited data plans. Below are some of notable phone models and their price
- iPhone 4S 64GB - $349.99 (pre-owned - $299.99)
- iPhone 4S 16GB - $149.99 (pre-owned - $99.99)
- Samsung GalaxyS III 16GB – $199.99
- HTC EVO 4G LTE - $199.99
- Galaxy Nexus - $99.99
- Kyocera Brio - Free for a 2 yr contract of service
- LG Viper 4G LTE – Free for a 2 yr contract of service
- BlackBeery Curve 3G - Free for a 2 yr contract of service
Mobile Service varies according to your needs. Individual and Family plans are both available depending on your desires. Prices indicated below are of monthly basis.
- 450 Minutes – $69.99 + $10 Premium Data (45c / addt’l min)
- Includes 450 minutes of anytime minutes call, night and weekend calling, roaming, domestic long distance, unlimited messaging, unlimited data
- 900 Minutes - $89.99 + $10 Premium Data (40c / addt’l min)
- Includes all the 450 minutes bundles with twice the minutes for calling
- Unlimited Minutes - $99.99 + $10 Premium Data
- Includes all the perks of above plans without the minutes restrictions. Plus push to talk capabilities
- This bundle plan can go as low as $129.99 per month; this includes service lines for 2 smartphones, with the competence to add another phone line for $19.99 per month plus $10 each. This service includes unlimited data and messaging, 1500 voice plus unlimited to any mobile in the bundle.
Sprint mobile hotspot is sold separately with $2GB at 19.99 or 6GB for $49.99. Additional add-ons include unlimited international text for $10.00 and Canada roaming for $2.99. Accessories are also available depending on the phone model.
They also offer BuyBack program, that let you sell your old phone for upto $300 credit. This credit is only usable to pay monthly bills.
Sprint offers Free shipping for new lines of service and upgrades. You’ll get your order within 2-5 business days after you successfully placed your order, and after 24 hours you can track its status online. Sprint partners with shipping industry leaders like UPS and FedEx to ensure sufficient and secure deliveries of your orders. For accessory and Wi-Fi only device orders that do not contain a phone, you may select from the following shipping methods:
- Ground (delivered in 5-9 business days at a cost of $6.50)
- 2-Day (delivered in 3-6 business days at a cost of $8.50)
- Standard Overnight (delivered in 3-8 business days at a cost of $12.95)
Online orders cannot be shipped to a PO Box, military APO/FPO or international address(only available in the U.S). Please visit one of their convenient retail locations or call 1-866-866-7509 to place your order.
Sprint accepts payment from all major credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard American Express, Discovery and DinersClub. Their site uses “https” to ensure that your billing transaction will remain as secured as possible. They don’t accept other means of online payment but they have Sprint Store all over the Unites States which also sells their products and services.
Sprint takes pride on their products and services and offers a 14-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. In this policy you can return products within the 14 days of activation. You can also return and refund accessories and phones with no plans within 14 days of purchase. Please keep in mind that a $35.00 restocking fee to process an exchange.
After the 14-day trial period has ended, , a $350.00 Early Termination for smartphone device or a $200.00 Early Termination Fee for a feature phone would be required if you canceled your Sprint services prior to the end of the two-year agreement. The Early Termination Fees would be pro-rated over the life of the two-year agreement.
For a smartphone, this pro-rated amount is calculated by multiplying the number of months remaining in contract by $20 for advanced devices. There is a $100 Min and a $350 Max payment.
For a feature phone, this pro-rated amount is calculated by multiplying the number of months remaining in contract by $10. There is a $50 Min and a $200 Max payment.
For more information, check their return and exchange policy.
Get Simply Everything Plans @ Sprint.com
Best Available Sprint Coupon: